Posted on Jun 20, 2012
A Tentative Agreement (TA) has been reached between SDEA and the District. The SDEA Board has met and approved of that TA, and we are now beginning the ratification process. It is our goal that, to the best of our ability, no member will be disenfranchised. Due to the constraints of varied site schedules, furlough days, termination notices, and members’ personal travel plans, the Election Committee has planned the following process.
This process has been put in place according to our Constitution and By-Laws (available on the SDEA Website):
- Three (3) days have been designated as voting days. Those days are:
- Sunday, June 24
- Monday, June 25
- Tuesday, June 26
- Voting times will be from 7AM to 7:30 PM (members in line will be allowed to vote before Poll is closed).
- All voting will be conducted at the SDEA office (10393 San Diego Mission Road, Suite 100, San Diego 92108).
- Each of the three days will be staffed by:
- One election committee member (to supervise protocol)
- At least one bargaining team member (to answer questions about the TA)
- At least one SDEA Board member (to assure constitutionality)
- At least one SDEA staff member (to verify voter membership)
- Voting procedure will be as follows:
- Members arrive and show ID
- Staff member verifies ID/SDEA membership and distributes a ballot
- Member votes, seals, and deposits ballot
All current active SDEA members, including visiting teachers, will be allowed to vote. Non-member agency fee payers will have the opportunity to sign up as SDEA members the day of voting. Non-member rebate collectors will have to refund the full amount of the rebate they are collecting to SDEA, in the form of a check, on the day of the vote, in order to vote. They will then follow the voting process outlined above.
Counting of ballots will begin immediately at the close of voting. After certification of the results by the Election Committee, membership will be notified of the outcome Wednesday, June 27, 2012.
Members should remember:
- Bring your SDEA or a photo ID with you.
- All voting will occur at the SDEA Office.
- All results will be sent to members via e-mail as soon as results are certified.
Please continue to monitor your e-mail and the SDEA website for the most current information.