As a member of SDEA, you have the benefit of affiliation with the following state and national organizations:
- California Teachers Association (CTA)
- National Education Association (NEA)
- San Diego and Imperial Counties Central Labor Council
- California Labor Federation
CTA State Council Delegates
SDEA members elect sixteen delegates to the 760-plus members of the State Council of Education, CTA’s highest governing body. Meeting four times a year, State Council sets policy for the organization, adopts the budget, determines dues, recommends expenditures to the board, elects the executive officers and other members of the board of directors and performs other similar duties.
SDEA’s 2014-2015 delegates are:
- Seat One — Elizabeth Ahlgren — Morse HS
- Seat Two — Elaine Hill — Porter Elem.
- Seat Three — Maria Jesus Jimenez — Kimbrough Elem.
- Seat Four — Shane Parmely — Bell MS
- Seat Five — Michelle Sanchez — Garfield HS
- Seat Six — Elida Melendez — Kimbrough Elem.
- Seat Seven — Terry Pesta — Visiting Teacher
- Seat Eight — Rosemary Pang — TRACE Program
- Seat Nine — Matthew Schneck — San Diego Early/Middle College
- Seat Ten — Gloria Barrios-Andrade — Mann MS
- Seat Eleven — Scott Mullin — Language Academy
- Seat Twelve — Eduardo Padilla — Valencia Park Elem.
- Seat Thirteen — Tom Noriega — Bell MS
- Seat Fourteen — Emily Neidhart — Garfield HS
- Seat Fifteen — Kisha Borden — Zamorano Elem.
- Seat Sixteen — Lindsay Burningham — SDEA President