20 Benefits of SDEA Membership CTA/NEA
- Shape and mold SDEA through active participation.
- Collective voice to stand together and to stand up to the district.
- Ability to set policy with input and ideas.
- Voting rights to elect leaders.
- Right to vote on the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- It is YOUR professional organization.
- Strength in unity:
- 6,500 local members (SDEA)
- 325,000 statewide (CTA)
- 3,000,000 nationwide (NEA)
- Professional growth opportunities
- Involvement in joint Association/District Committees
- Legal representation on both professional and private matters.
- Participation in trainings and workshops
- $1,000,000 professional liability insurance
- CTA 403B Annuity
- Low premiums for income salary protection.
- Discounted car/home/life insurance.
- Travel and leisure activities at reduced rates.
- Low interest credit cards.
- Receive professional publications.
- Opportunity to enhance profession.
If you are a certified employee in San Diego Unified and haven’t signed a membership form, what are you waiting for? Call SDEA at 283-4411 for more information.
Membership is the Foundation
SDEA members have a voice in the decision making of our Association. This includes voting on a new contract, and electing officers and other governance representatives. Member input has helped new unit members adjust to the profession, to conditions in the District and to do outreach in the community for support of our schools. The Association is currently working on meaningful and effective educational reform. Teachers and other credentialed professionals are represented on District committees that affect our professional lives. These and many more activities are carried on by the San Diego Education Association. We welcome involvement from our more than 6,500 members.
SDEA members receive the following services which are either not available to fee payers or available only for a fee:
- Shape and mold the Association through active participation
- Have the ability to influence with input and ideas
- Have voting rights to elect leaders, set policy, and ratify contracts
- Participate in trainings, workshops, and seminars
- $1 million professional liability insurance
- Legal services on both professional and private matters
- Life insurance
- Financial planning
- Discounted car/life/home insurances
- Salary protection
- Leisure/travel at reduced rates
- Low interest credit cards
- Disaster Relief contribution (FACT)
Note: To become an SDEA advertiser, download our 2016-17 Advertising Packet. For more information, please contact Larry Moreno at the SDEA office.