Member Benefits

Health and Welfare Benefits

SDEA members working at least half-time are entitled to medical benefits through the San Diego County Schools Voluntary Employee Benefits Association (VEBA). For information about your medical benefits, visit the VEBA website.

For questions about other employee benefits (dental, vision, etc.), visit the SDUSD benefits page.

If you believe your rights regarding your bargained benefits have been violated, work with your site Association Representative to contact an SDEA Contract Specialist.

Retirement Benefits

Retiring SDEA members receive retirement benefits through the California State Teachers Retirement System (STRS). For information about your retirement benefits, visit the CalSTRS website.

CTA Member Services

CTA offers comprehensive insurance programs, discounts on travel and entertainment packages, and a host of professional and career development opportunities, including conferences, scholarships and trainings. Also available is a wide range of publications and other resources for your use.

Membership in CTA also means you get direct access to MyCTA — the CTA members-only website. Once you join, login to MyCTA to access resources and information available only to you. SDEA Members, please login into MyCTA on CTA’s website. Have your CTA Member card and/or individual ID number available.

Login to MyCTA, go to Membership Services, CTA Member Benefit Program, for a list of vendors.

NEA Member Services

Please visit the NEA Member Benefits Programs on NEA’s website.

Whether your needs are for life, health or casualty insurance, savings and investment programs, a home mortgage or a refinance, or a credit card or personal loan, put the collective buying power of 3.2 million NEA members to work for you. NEA Member Benefits programs are specially designed to help make members’ lives better.

Disability and Life Insurance

Auto and Home (Renters) Insurance

Legal Services

Members of SDEA are eligible for both work related and non-work related legal consultation.

For work related issues, members need to receive a referral from a UniServ Field Organizer to receive one hour of free legal consultation. In order to initiate this process, members should contact their Association Representatives, who will refer them to the appropriate SDEA staff member.

For non-work related issues, members are eligible to receive 30 minutes of free legal consultation from Hiden Rott Oertle LLP. Members can self-refer by calling 619-296-5884, and should be prepared to provide a CTA membership number.